I want to talk about some ways to incorporate serum into your hair care routine.
- Pre-shampoo Treatment
- Hot oil Treatment
The Pre-Shampoo Treatment
Pre-shampoo consists of a combination of oils that help to nourish the hair and scalp prior to cleansing. What else are its features? It helps to reduce friction between hair cuticles during the washing process. This reduction in friction will reduce the “stripped hair” feeling. It will also reduce the amount of tangling that normally accompanies shampooing (particularly a clarifying shampoo.)
How can you apply the pre-shampoo (pre-poo)?
A pre-shampoo can be applied on dry, damp or wet hair.
Instructions on how to apply the Hair Serum
- To pre-shampoo the hair, apply your hair with the serum and allow it to sit on the hair and scalp for anywhere from 30 minutes to 12 hours. You can sleep overnight with it as long as you put a towel on top of your pillow to not make it oily.
- As you apply the serum, take a few minutes to do a scalp massage too. This important massaging action will help to loosen any dirt on the scalp. It may also loosen the flakes on the scalp. Stimulating circulation will help improve with hair growth. It will also help with the general health of the hair.
- I personally apply the serum and tie up my hair. I also put a towel on my shoulders if I don't sleep overnight with it. Another option is to put up your hair into a tie knot and on top of it you can cover it up with a headscarf or bonnet. This method will preventing excess oil from dripping down onto her face.
Advantages of Pre-shampoo:
- It cuts down on time spent in the hair washing process.
- It stimulates healthy hair growth.
- It helps to deliver any added nutrients from mountain herbs and wild flowers into the roots of the follicles. The heat dilates blood vessels of the scalp which helps them more open to receive nutrients.
Hot Oil Treatment Benefits:
Hot Oil Treatments work to seal in your hair cuticles which helps strengthen, protect, and moisturize your hair. Some other benefits are increased hair strength, reduced dryness of both the scalp and the hair, flake relief, less hair frizz and flyaways, and fewer split ends. (1)
Hot Oil Treatment Instructions:
- Section your hair and apply the treatment from roots to end, making sure to massage the product into your scalp as well. As you finish each section, twist the strands and set them out of the way. Once all the sections are evenly coated, pull your hair back, wrap it under a plastic wrap, and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes before rinsing.(1)
- Allow the heat that is naturally generated from your head to become trapped in a sort of micro-climate around the scalp and hair, allowing the oil treatment to penetrate faster and deeper into your scalp.